Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bedtime Stories




My husband and his partner (a.k.a FAILE) have an exhibition up right now in Chelsea. It's up until Dec. 23rd, so if you're around you should check it out!

I'm super proud of Patrick. He is above and beyond the most talented person I've ever known. And he's my husband! I feel so lucky and thankful to have him in my life. It's been an amazing journey together since our youthful days in art school. And to witness him become a successful artist has been nothing short of inspiring (and at times, tiring).

A sweet tidbit about us - This weekend marks the 10 year anniversary of our first date. I can't believe we've been together for a DECADE. Whoa. He took me to a jazz club and we drank tea. I wore an itchy turtleneck and velour boots. Don't ask ( I was only 20!)

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. To me Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year. It's about food, family and friends. No gifts, just love.

Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

{fyi - each of the paintings shown is made up of 2" x 2" solid wood blocks. To say each painting is heavy and extremely labor intensive is an understatement!}

3 comments:

caitlin.d said...

Might these ever be available as prints? i'm loving them! absolutely LOVING them!

Sarah Yaggi said...

Your husbands art is amazing?
I agree these need to be sold as prints, they would go like hot cakes!

Sarah Yaggi said...

I meant amazing!!! No ? intended =)